Sunday 12 May 2013

Cheesecake


My family is quite big so for each occasion, when we’re meeting everyone prepares something special to eat. My mum is always the one that is responsible for desserts. As I spent a lot of time helping her when I was younger I’ve learnt how to bake some cakes.

The most popular cake in our family is a cheesecake. I have no idea where does the recipe of my mum’s cheesecake come from, but it’s really old one in a notebook with yellowed pages and faded ink.

I’ve baked on my own my first cheesecake when I was 13 or 14 year-old, it turned out that the cake was as good as my mum’s (or even better) so since then it became my “duty”. My dad and my brother could eat this cake every weekend and they constantly asked me to do it so I did it many times and sometimes every weekend for a month. Even though I loved cheesecake and especially this one, now I can’t even take a small bite, I just have enough of it for a very long time!

Once for Christmas I’ve decided not to bake a cheesecake but instead prepare something new – chocolate cake by Nigella Lawson (Christmas Chocolate Fruit Cake). BTW it’s a great recipe, and I strongly recommend it!

My family was furious! My brother was angry, my dad said the chocolate cake is ok, but it wasn’t what he had wanted, my aunt and cousins ate with pleasure this new cake, but kept asking “why didn’t you prepare the cheesecake?!”

I guess I’m stuck with this recipe and baking cheesecakes for ever.

I won’t give you the recipe, because it’s really long and complicated and I’m pretty sure if it’s a family secret. But preparation takes over one hour and then another hour and a half in the oven and plenty of dishes to wash…

1 comment:

  1. If you don't want to give us the recipe, maybe give us to try your cheescake? :)

    ReplyDelete